New Orleans Louisiana — On the opening day of Key Executives Mega Conference 2013 Roxen Internet Software announces version 5.3 in the Roxen Editorial Portal product series. This version brings key improvements in all major areas such as functionality user interface compatibility integration and performance.
The most significant changes in Roxen Editorial Portal 5.3 are:
– Story jumps. A story can now flow across separate Adobe InDesign layout files. Roxen Editorial Portal collects all overset story elements and lets page editors place them directly from inside Adobe InDesign. Any subsequent text changes made in the web editor will reflow automatically.
– User interface. The search panel has been significantly updated more keyboard shortcuts have been added and display of information is more clean and consistent across different modes in the product s web-native interface.
– Preflight warnings. Missing links and fonts overset text and other warnings concerning the page layout are instantly visible in the web interface.
– Adobe InDesign CS 6 support. The Adobe InDesign CS 6 Server and Client versions are fully supported along with CS 5 and CS 5.5 from before. With Roxen s straightforward per-user licensing model a customer can run several instances of Adobe InDesign Server and leverage Roxen Editorial Portal s built-in load balancing for increased responsiveness during high workloads.
– Improved import and export. The Microsoft Word import filter now recognizes Office Open XML format to simplify story creation from e-mail attachments with a single mouse click. Finished stories can be output in an Atom feed and page PDFs can be generated simultaneously for both print and screen consumption using separate profiles.
– New workflow for sharing stories. An innovative feature enables a high degree of automation for publishing stories in many editions where this capability brings an end to tedious manual work. As an example a publisher of metropolitan city magazines can share stories while having different sets of e-mail addresses web links and other text elements inserted in each edition with no additional effort.
– Performance efficiency and stability. Roxen makes continuous improvements to the core of the product and version 5.3 integrates all previous service updates together with all-new optimizations.
"With Roxen Editorial Portal version 5.3 we bring our innovations to market faster than ever before. The unique web-based product architecture delivers substantial savings in IT administration for our customers and allows us to step up the pace with more enhancements coming in the near future." says Per Östlund CEO of Roxen.
Existing customers can upgrade their installations to version 5.3 at no additional cost when the product ships in first quarter of 2013.
For more information contact:
Per Östlund CEO Roxen
e-mail: email@example.com phone: +46 732 303013
Roxen is an innovative software development company based in Linköping Sweden. The company offers modern web-based editorial and content management tools for efficiently managing large amounts of dynamic data on websites or for multi-channel publishing of news and other content in media publications. Roxen develops natively web-based editorial systems for lean simultaneous publishing in multiple channels such as smartphones tablets web and in print. Our customers include the worlds largest global newspaper Metro International RTL Nederland Shaw Media Princeton University Randstad and Verizon. Roxen with offices in Stockholm Chicago Amsterdam and Linköping was named one of Europe’s most innovative technology ventures and was awarded the 2012 Red Herring Top 100 Award.