Millions of Android users now have automatic delivery of hundreds of full-color full-content newspapers from around the world directly to their Android-based phone or tablet. PressReader for Android offers high-fidelity browsing and offline reading in a rewarding cover-to-cover experience.
The latest version of PressReader optimized for the Google Android platform that powers millions of smartphones is now available for download from the Android Market. Developed by NewspaperDirect Inc. the world leader in multichannel newspaper and magazine content distribution the Android version of PressReader delivers a visually stunning reading experience for the more than 1 700 newspapers and magazines from 93 countries that are currently available on PressDisplay.com.
Key features of the new Android version of PressReader include:
* Presentation of complete digital newspaper replicas often before the print version is on newsstands
* Automatic download of favorite newspapers for offline reading
* Browse pages in full-page mode — even before completion of the download
* Browsing of entire publications with one finger (including zoom pan and scroll)
* Fast navigation from article to article and to a favorite section using the Table of Contents thumbnails
* A rich graphics page view and for individual news stories an easy-to-read text view
* Sharing of articles by email
* On-demand narration of news stories
“From the moment PressReader hit the iPad we received countless requests for the same app on Android devices ” said Alex Kroogman CEO of NewspaperDirect. “With the launch of PressReader for Android we have opened up a wealth of new delivery channels for our publishing partners. And while publishers enjoy the increased audited circulation and revenues that come with being part of PressReader SmartEdition publishers can also choose to white-label PressReader for their loyal subscribers at zero operational cost to them.”
PressReader for Google Android is available as a free download from the Android Market. Most newspapers and magazines can then be purchased for $0.99 per issue or downloaded in conjunction with a paid PressDisplay.com subscription. For subscription pricing visit our subscription page.
NewspaperDirect website: www.newspaperdirect.com
PressDisplay website: www.pressdisplay.com
PressDisplay blog: blog.pressdisplay.com